Benchmarking is an important tool in routine FCC data evaluations. It can be used to validate unit data as well as identify areas for improved performance and show important shifts in FCC operation due to catalyst, technology or feedstock changes.
BASF Corporation, Catalysts Division worked with Astron International, Inc. to develop a powerful Web based FCC benchmarking application. This application allows BASF to easily manage, update, search, and produce charts and reports that clearly show important shifts in FCC operation due to catalyst, technology, or feedstock changes and identify opportunities for improving unit performance.
The salient features of the Benchmarking application are as follows:
- Web based for centralized and secure access with a Web browser
- Integrated with BASF's LIMS system for near real time update of ECat analysis data
- Standardized Excel based data import feature for uploading FCC operating data
- Powerful parametric search with query builder for precise and infinitely flexible searches
- Powerful charting features to create XY and histogram charts downloadable in Excel
- Powerful reporting features to create standard comparison reports downloadable in Excel
- Personalized features for users to save charts and reports for quick retrieval